phone: +917736789993
e-mail: megastaralluarjun@gmail.com

My Filmography:allu arjun

 My Film Career

It has been almost ten years since I began my career and I couldn’t have been happier with the way things have turned out for me. I have learnt a lot through the films I have done and the people I have worked with so far. In these ten years, I have tried hard to do as many different roles as possible and also leave a strong impression in terms of my acting, dancing. I think I have been able to reinvent myself from time to time. Here’s a brief story about how the journey has been so far.
Before entering the film industry as an actor, I was passionate about computer graphics and I dabbled with animation for quite some time. I never dreamt that one day I would become an actor. Maybe it was my destiny that slowly led me to movies. I made a guest appearance in ‘Daddy’(2001) which had Chiranjeevi garu in lead role. I was supposed to go to Vancouver, Canada soon after this; however, I had to stay back as I had got an offer to make my debut as an actor. Later, I went to Mumbai and joined the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting institute to learn the art.

GANGOTRI (2003):

I started my film career with ‘Gangotri’ which was the Legend of Telugu Cinema, Director K. Raghavendra Rao’s  100th  film. The film had a great set of technicians including M.M. Keeravani garu, Chinni Krishna and Chota K. Naidu.
The film was produced by Ashwini Dutt and my father (Allu Aravind) – two of the most esteemed producers of Telugu cinema. Aditi Agarwal was my first co-star. Acting in this film will always remain as one of my most memorable experiences as an actor. Most part of the film was shot near Manali.
The film went on to become a big hit, but I had to wait for almost a year for the right opportunity to sign my next film.
Director : K Raghavendra Rao
Producer : Ashwini Dutt, Allu Aravind
Music Director : MM Keeravani
Cinematographer : Chota K Naidu

ARYA (2004):

Long after Gangotri’s release, Dil Raju approached me with a new director-cum-writer named Sukumar. When I read the story, it was so exciting that I knew that this was exactly what I had been waiting for. I signed the film and that’s how ‘Arya’ happened.
I played the lead role in this romantic entertainer with a twist. The film released in 2004 and became a huge box office success & thanks to the film, I became quite popular with the youth.
Deep down my heart, I had a feeling that if this film goes well, I don’t have to look back. Arya did incredibly well and I never looked back, since then.
Director : Sukumar
Producer : Dil Raju
Music Director : Devi Sri Prasad
Cinematographer : Ratnavelu

BUNNY (2005):

Despite the success of Arya, I was still a newcomer. I wanted to establish myself in the industry and for that it had become clear to me that I had to a mass-oriented film. And for that I needed a star director’s support. I requested my father for a project to be helmed by V.V. Vinayak, who’s one of my favourite Directors.
My father along with Satya Narayana Reddy produced it. The film was named ‘Bunny’.  After Gangotri, this was the second time that I had worked with Chota K Naidu and we share a great bond both on and off screen. He always takes great care in presenting me quite well onscreen and it’s a delight working with him. I worked with heroine Gowri Munjal, who is one of my favourite actresses. For the first time in my carrer, the film presented me in a complete massy role. It clicked at box office and my dances were well-appreciated. In ‘Bunny’ I had the opportunity of sharing the screen space with Prakash Raj once again after ‘Gangotri’.
The success of the film gave me a larger mass appeal. It gave me the much needed STAR POWER and also the confidence that “I was here to stay”…
Director : V V Vinayak
Producer : Allu Aravind, Satya Narayana Reddy
Music Director : Devi Sri Prasad
Cinematographer : Chota K Naidu

HAPPY (2006):

After doing a mass film, one’s mindset always changes. Soon after the release of Bunny, I wanted to do a youth-oriented film like ‘Arya’. This resulted in my working with Karunakaran, a director whom I truly admire. Happy was my first film which was produced on Geetha Arts banner.
Genelia- one of the most professional actresses I ever worked with, was my co-star. In ‘Happy’, I happened to work with many good actors like Manoj Bajpai, Brahmanandam, etc.,
The film did just about average business at box office, which was a little less than my expectations.
Director : A Karunakaran
Producer : Allu Aravind
Music Director : Yuvan Shankar Raja
Cinematographer : R D Rajasekhar

DESAMUDURU (2007):

Then I wanted to make a strong come-back and create a distinct impression. It was here that I became part of ‘Desamuduru’.
I was very fortunate enough to team up with director Puri Jagannath. After a big hit like Pokiri, it was his immediate next film which added more to the expectations. The film was produced by Bhagawan & Danaiah and songs were tuned by Chakri.My co-star was one of the most beautiful girls I ever worked with – Hansika Motwani. The film was partly set in Manali and it was quite nostalgic because I had shot in the same place for my debut film, Gangotri & coincidentally I was back at the same location for my fifth film. During the shooting process, Puri Jagannath and I became close friends.Desamudhuru is one of my biggest hits in my career & catapulted me into the league of big stars.
With this film, I earned the tag of being the FIRST actor in South India to sport a ‘six-pack’.
Director : Puri Jagannath
Producer : DVV Danaiah and Bhagawan
Music Director : Chakri
Cinematographer : Shyam K Naidu

PARUGU (2008):

Next, I wanted to do a family-oriented movie with a good story, because I had been performing characters with a mass touch and also films which were targeted at youth like Arya and Happy. But I had never done a family-oriented subject. That’s when ‘Parugu’ happened. For this, the best director who could do a film like this was Bhaskar who had directed Bommarillu in 2006. His subsequent project was ‘Parugu’.
Mani Sharma composed the music for the first time in my career. I was in high spirits because this was the second time that Dil Raju & I were working together after ‘Arya’. The combination worked quite well once again and the film brought me close to the family audience.
All credit to Bhaskar for such an excellent characterization in the film.
Director : Bhaskar
Producer : Dil Raju
Music Director : Mani Sharma
Cinematographer : Vijay Chakaravarthy

ARYA-2 (2009):

Later, I decided to do a Sukumar’s film after working with Dil Raju in Parugu. The original idea was not to make ‘Arya-2’ but call it destiny or luck, it ended being just that. I’ll always remember Sukumar and I owe him a lot, in terms of my career. However, working with him is not an easy job! Only people who can understand him really well can associate with him.
I wonder if there is any other actor professionally & personally who can understand him better than me! On the personal front, he is one of my closest friends. There was a great team spirit while shooting this film. My friends – Navdeep, Kajal & Shraddha Das acted in the film along with me. More than professional actors, we all worked together as friends. I was presented with a lot of stylish & trendy characteristics in the film.
I had put in a lot of hard-work into my dances which actually paid off really well in the end.
Director : Sukumar
Producer : Aditya Babu, BVSN Prasad
Music Director : Devi Sri Prasad
Cinematographer : Rajasekhar

VARUDU (2010):

My next project was ‘Varudu’ with Gunasekhar. I wanted to do this film on a mega canvas. I felt Gunasekhar was the right person who can give an action appeal to the film. The film’s theme was based on marriage and all the traditional ceremonies attached to it. The film was co-written by Thota Prasad.
It remains as one of the best films in terms of collections in my career. The film released with huge expectations, but unfortunately we could not live up to the pre-release hype surrounding the project.
Director : Gunasekhar
Producer : DVV Danaiah
Music Director : Mani Sharma
Cinematographer : R D Rajasekhar

VEDAM (2010):

And then, Vedam, which was a unique film, fell into my lap and it will always remain as one of my personal favourites. I loved Krish’s debut film ‘Gamyam’ and I remember giving a standing ovation after watching it in the theater. I was in awe of this director’s debut film. All the films that I had done so far were career-oriented and calculated moves, but ‘Vedam’ is one film that I did out of my love for cinema.
I just happened to meet him and we exchanged few ideas. He said that his platter was full and he was coming up with an interesting subject & narrated a small story-line with five different characters.
I told him that I would play one of the characters called Cable Raju. It was something I had never done before and I am extremely glad that I took up the role. That’s when I stepped into ‘Vedam’. It’s an extraordinary film & I got completely blown away by the director’s work and I couldn’t stop appreciating the effort which my director Krish was putting in for the film. I appeared in a character role as one of the 5 leads. I liked the subject a lot and I wanted to add some more value to such subjects by being a part of it.
We roped in Manoj, Anushka & other big actors like Manoj Bajpai. Right from day-1, we started out saying that we are making an experimental movi but I had a gut feeling that this movie will do significantly well in every possible way. I will always be proud to say that I‘m an actor who performed in ‘Vedam’ as Cable Raju.
To me, it was a film made with a lot of passion. Krish is one of my closest friends and my journey with him will surely reach greater heights. The affection and respect we have for each other is very genuine.
He always says, “I owe you one” & I keep telling him that the feeling is mutual!
Director : Krish
Producer : Shobu Yarlagadda & Prasad Devineni
Music Director : M M Keeravani
Cinematographer : Gnanasekhar

BADRINATH (2011):

After an experimental movie, you always feel the need to do a commercial project. And this is when, one of my all-time favourite stories, written by Chinni Krishna, that was long pending finally took-off.
V.V. Vinayak, who gave me a strong base in this industry, is directing the film & renowned cinematographer, Ravi Varman who worked on films like Dasavatharam, Anniyan, etc…is part of the team.
The film is titled ‘Badrinath’. My father, Allu Aravind is producing the film under the banner of Geetha Arts right after ‘Magadheera’. Working on this film was great fun, especially with Keeravani gaaru and Chinni Krishna being part of the project it brought back memories of my debut film.
Tamannaah, who is one of the most professional artistes I worked with, is doing the lead role with me. Once again, I am teaming up with Prakash Raj. The coincidences just don’t end here. We shot in Manali and incidentally I had my 1st  5th film, & now my 10th film shooting in the same place. In the past, every time I shot in Manali, my career always shot up to greaters heights. I anticipate that ‘Badrinath’ would do outstandingly well and place me among the list of elite star actors.
Everything put together, I wish and hope ‘Badrinath’ will win a great acclaim & I sincerely hope that it revives my career all over again.
I am wishing & awaiting for the BEST from my forthcoming endeavor –‘BADRINATH’
Director : V V Vinayak
Producer : Allu Aravind
Music Director : M M Keeravani
Cinematographer : Ravi Varman
Each movie is a different experience, & each experience is unique, but there’s one thing which has been common in all my 10 films. It’s my relationship with all the directors & producers I have worked with and it has been fantastic so far. I cherish each and every moment of this journey with all my directors, producers & technicians. For the past eight years, I was delighted to be on the sets each & every day! I owe my sincere gratitude and appreciation to the entire cast & crew of all my films I have done so far and also, I am grateful to my audience for honoring me as a Stylish Star….
Yours


ALLUARJUN

0 comments: